What is risk taking?
Risk Taking is Free
- To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
- To weep is to risk appearing sentimental,
- To reach out for another is to risk involvement,
- To expose feelings is to risk exposing true self,
- To place your ideas, your dreams before the crowd is to risk their loss,
- To love is to risk not being loved in return,
- To live is to risk dying,
- To hope is to risk despair,
- To try is to risk failure,
- But risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
- The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing.
- He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, live.
- Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave, he has forfeited freedom.
- Only a person who risks - is free.
- Author unknown