Top 10 Benefits of Consuming Green Tea
1. Reduces Risk of CancerResearch has proved that consuming green tea on a regular basis can reduce the risk of certain types of cancers. It contains antioxidants that remove free radicals from the body!
2. Reduces Risk of Heart DiseasesRegular consumption of green tea has also been linked to heart benefits, as it helps lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol, leading to healthy heart!
3. Slows AgeingRegular intake of green tea helps quick cell regeneration, which, in turn, slows down the process of ageing. So, drink green tea and stay young!
4. Aids Weight LossGreen tea is highly beneficial for people looking to lose weight. Its regular consumption improves metabolism and helps in weight loss.
5. Prevents DiabetesIntake of green tea improves glucose and lipid metabolism, thereby preventing sudden increase in blood sugar levels and preventing diabetes.
6. Helps Prevent Common Cold and FluGreen tea strengthens bodyâ€™s self-defense mechanism and improves immunity, thereby reducing chances of infections like common cold and flu.
7. Good for SkinRegular consumption of green tea is considered good for skin, as it hydrates the skin and helps it glow. It also improves skin turgor.
8. Good for BonesAs green tea is high in fluoride content, it helps in strengthening of bones. It also improves bone density considerably.
9. Helpful in AsthmaGreen tea has been found to be helpful in patients with asthma as one of its components â€“ theophylline â€“ relaxes the bronchial muscles and reduces severity of asthma.
10. Helps Fight Stress and AnxietyContents of green have been found to release hormones that help fight stress and anxiety.
There are several benefits attached to consumption of green tea n addition to the above! Do let us know how have you benefitted from green tea?