Friday, September 28, 2012

Just a Mix of Good Information

Greener Cleaning

You can make your own line of green products at home. Combine equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle, or mix up a paste of baking soda and water to scrub stains off surfaces like counter tops. Give windows a streak-free shine with 1 cup rubbing alcohol mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Always test your cleaners to make sure they don't scratch or damage surfaces.
Reader suggestion:
Catherine Traiforou Vlasto Add a few drops of Lemon essential oil and it smells and cleans even better! Good topic, thanks for posting!
 
Quick tip: put your plastic wrap in the freezer to be able to tear the sheet off easily and not fight with unsticking it. Just remember to put it back in the freezer when done! No more fighting with the plastic wrap!
What is the best natural relief for a very sore throat. I gargled with warm salt water, drank hot tea, ate ice cream and am drinking a lot of water.
Reader suggestions:
Merry Dunn Brown I Googled it once and made a mixture of honey and lemon. I'm not sure if there were any other ingredients. I bought natural cough medicine at the co-op for my small granddaughter. It worked great. They might have something for you.
Eileen Konieczny Trahan Hot tea with lemon and honey...keep gargling with warm salt water.
Katherine Zajaceskowski Tylutki Drinking three cups of black tea every morning and taking Day Quill and drinking Airborne usually helps too.
Tara Flanger Caraco I would stick to the ice cream.
Teri Fernandez-Mitchell When I feel I'm getting under the weather or already are, I buy some acai juice. sambazon brand is great because its organic but there is also a Genesis today brand that is great because its loaded with vitamin c and b vitamins...anyway a couple of glasses of that I swear I'm at least 60 percent better the next day and completely better in a few days. I recommend this remedy to everyone! But try the acai juice it really works, warning though...it's a bit pricey.
Lisa Ann .I use honey and lemon, but health food store has slippery elm cough drops that work well too!
Karen Dwyer-Smith Gargle with hot water mixed with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder & a pinch of salt.
 
 
I read a great way to keep cucumbers fresh longer is to have a plastic “lettuce keeper” that keeps your lettuce fresh, is to buy another one and you can place up to six cucumbers in it. Amazingly, they didn’t get soft spots and stayed fresh and crisp for almost 2 weeks, just like the lettuce keeps.
 
A little sprinkle of garlic powder on dog food is good for their health and is supposed to ward off fleas. Garlic can keep pests out of the garden, whether as a companion plant or juiced and used as a spray.
Reader Suggestion:
Heidi Pangratis Ingested garlic is also used to ward off pests on humans. I eat a lot of garlic and never get bit while hiking, camping etc!!
 
HYPNOSIS IS A NATURAL STATE

Hypnosis is a perfectly natural state. In fact, we all go in and out of a light state of hypnosis throughout the day without even being aware of it. For example, every morning when we wake up and every night when we fall asleep we naturally pass through a state of hypnosis. Maybe you can relate to a Sunday morning when you didn't have to be anywhere in particular. You had woken up, but you weren't wide awake yet. . . . . .you weren't asleep anymore either. You were just resting in that very pleasant in between state. And in that state you could hear a phone ringing, or a dog barking, but you were just so relaxed - you didn't respond to any of it. You could have if you wanted to, but instead
you chose to just hang out in that very pleasant, relaxed hypnotic state.

That is an example of a light state of hypnosis. With the self hypnosis weight loss course I am taking, it all feels natural to me. I've lost 3 lbs so far and they suggest one pound a week to keep it off permanently. My thinking has changed surprisingly in a positive way to the point I want to walk for exercise at least once a week every week, whereas before I couldn't ever commit to that. I am eating more vegetables and fruits. It's like I am making a point to do that now. I've got 5 more weeks of class to go so I will keep you posted on my progress. I would have to say I do recommend this to anyone. It cannot hurt. I lost a total of 13 lbs.

What positive mantra can you share with me today?
Readers Say:
FultonCounty Living Just keep falling forward
Intuitive Medium Deborah "Just keep swimming'.. (said by the "Dory fish in "Finding Nemo' 
 
Moisten baking soda with a few drops of liquid dish soap and use to cut heavy grease build up.
Add vinegar to your dishwasher in place of a rinse agent to reduce residue and water spots.

Combine 1 part vinegar with 4 parts water; boil in microwave to soften stubborn splatters within, then use a rag to wipe off.


Use it straight to disinfect wooden cutting boards. Worth a try....save money
.
 Add baking soda to the bottom of the dishwasher to absorb lingering food odors.
 Spruce up silverware by rubbing with a paste of 1 part water to 3 parts baking soda. Rinse well.
Share with me all your tips for well being of the mind, body and spirit or soul. Let's empower each other with healthy lifestyle choices. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment